From Truck Farm to Supermarket -
"A STORE IS BORN"
In 1926, 12 years after his arrival in Joliet, John Z Honiotes purchased a farm from the Reed family at the corner of Troy Rd (W. Jefferson St) and Midland Ave. Most of that area was rural and mostly farms. The farm next to them to the west belonged to the Rousonelos family.
After WWII ended, the Honiotes Brothers decided to go into business together to make their father's dream a reality. They began expanding the humble produce stand into what was to become a legendary Joliet icon " Honiotes Bros Food Mart"